The Camberley Cricket Club is extremely proud to run its own Cricket Academy. The programme is aimed at enhancing the potential of young cricketers in order to aid their transition into becoming successful members of the Club’s junior and senior XI’s and also represents a significant investment in those that are awarded a place.
- To develop youngsters equipped to play in the Club’s senior XI’s from a young age, with the long-term objective of playing for the Club’s 1st XI.
- To provide specialist coaching to a group of youngsters in order that they can bridge the gap between junior and senior cricket.
- To continue to develop these youngsters for the benefit of themselves and the Club.
Benefits to Camberley Cricket Club
- Accelerate the development and refine the potential of young talent.
- Help to nurture a long-term relationship with the Club.
- Provide an inspirational goal for all the Club’s juniors to be offered a place onto the Program.
- Potentially increase the quality of players that the club can attract therefore providing an overall increase in the standard of junior cricket.
Benefits to the Cricketer
In addition to established Club training nights, each member of the programme will benefit from specialist coaching consisting of:
- Small group training sessions for selected members of the programme – in principle these sessions will be held weekly during the winter and fortnightly in summer with a selection of the Club’s senior players attending
- One to one individual sessions to be arrange at the Coaches’ discretion.
- The programme will aim to improve technical skills, fitness levels, tactical awareness, and look at the mental strength needed when competing at the highest level of senior cricket.