Further to the Cricket Academy, Camberley Cricket Club also run a Development of Excellence Programme aimed towards the older colts’ age groups. The programme is aimed at enhancing the potential of young cricketers in order to aid their transition into becoming successful members of the Club’s senior XI’s and again represents a significant investment by the club.
- To develop youngsters to play the standard of cricket that the Club aspires to, the ultimate long-term objective being sustained ECB Premier League status.
- To provide specialist coaching to a group of youngsters in order that they can bridge the gap between junior and the highest standard of senior cricket.
- To continue to develop these youngsters for the benefit of themselves and the Club.
Benefits to Camberley Cricket Club
- Accelerate the development and refine the potential of young talent.
- Help to engender a long-term relationship with the Club.
- To reduce the cost of cricket allowing further investment into youth development.
- Provide an inspirational goal for all the Club’s juniors to be offered a place onto the Program.
- Potentially increase the quality of players that the club can attract therefore providing an overall increase in the standard of junior cricket.
Benefits to the Cricketer
In addition to established Club training nights, each member of the programme will benefit from specialist coaching consisting of:
- One to one individual sessions to be arrange at the Coaches’ discretion.
The programme will aim to improve technical skills, fitness levels, tactical awareness, and look at the mental strength needed when competing at the highest level of senior cricket.